The Senior Project Engineer is responsible for developing consumer electronic grade Two -way radio communication products.
1. Responsible for creating and maintaining Engineering product documentation
such as a Detailed Technical Specification (DTS) and Quality Control
Procedures (QCP) for Marine and FRS/GMRS two- way radio.
2. Partner with Product Category Manager(s) to Develop user interface
documents for new product developments.
3. Collaborate with a broad range of cross -functional team members including,
Quality Control, Electrical, S oftware, Mechanical, product management and
4. Utilize test equipment to collect and analyze radio performance data to verify conformance to product specifications during product development process.
5. Work closely with contract Engineering/manufacturing partners for new
product development and legacy support issues.
6. Real world product testing. Qualifications Required:
1. BS in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
2. Minimum 5 years of experience with two -way radio design.
3. Knowledge of the following modulation methods: FM, N BFM, AM , AFSK, FSK.
and willingness to lean new modes as needed to support new product development.
4. Experience with Marine hand- held , fixed mount and FRS/GMRS two -way
radio design and operation.
5. Working knowledge of Marine DSC protocol.
6. Experience with communication protocols such as RS -422 and CAN BUS .
7. Bluetooth protocol and implementation methods.
8. Well versed in the use of Windows
OS and familiarity with MAC PC’s.
9. MS Word and Excel proficiency.
10. Experience with MS Office 365 cloud computing and resources. Preferred :
1. Licensed, active and experienced Amateur Radio Operator. Work
A. The visual acuity requirements including color, depth perception, and field vision. (Please check only one)
The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity
such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a
computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects,
small parts, a nd/or operation of machines (including inspection); using
measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close
to the eyes.
The employee is required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles
and/or heavy equipment.
B. The co nditions the employee will be subject to in this position. (Please check all that apply)
None. The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental
conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work.)
Web Hosting powered by Network Solutions®